These beauties taste like melomakarona, which are traditional Greek Christmas cookies. They are so darn delicious…. If you cannot locate halva, try rolling your cookies in crushed nuts or seeds. I prefer to use cashews as they are creamy.
1.5 cups GF oats
2 TBSPs oil (cold pressed olive or coconut oil are my favorites)
2 TBSP tahini
2 TBSP raw honey
Splash of vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon
Handful of orange chocolate (I used stevia sweetened)
Handful of halva (I used honey sweetened)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Roll into balls. If too dry add a bit more tahini.
- Melt chocolate over medium heat. Set aside.
- Crush halva into crumbles on a plate.
- Roll balls in chocolate.
- Roll balls in halva crumbles.
- Set in fridge for one hour.
Chinese Yam is known for various healing properties and most constitutions benefit from this food source, as it is easy to digest and can be eaten over long periods of time. Chinese Yam is known to boost the immune system, strengthen the spleen and tonify the kidneys, all important for conception.
Wild yam has some interesting facts associated with it. Those African tribes that consume the largest amounts of wild yam also have the highest incidents of twins. My father was a twin and my mother had twins so I figure why not throw some in my diet and see what happens 🙂
So without further a due here is my yummy pancake recipe, which is gluten, dairy and sugar free.
Chinese yam pancakes with black tahini.
This recipe is both simple and quick. In less than 10 minutes I had a delicious, medicinal meal ready just for me.
1/4 cup chinese yam powder (I used half chinese yam and half wild yam powder)
splash of water to make pancake batter consistency
sweetener of choice
almond or vanilla extract
spices: cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg
Seeds: hemp, chia, flax
- Mix egg and yam powder with any extras of choice. Beat in water with a fork until you have reached a pancake-like consistency. (Runnier than yogurt but a little bit thicker than melted ice cream.)
- Cook in a pan with a bit of olive oil over medium heat, about 2 minutes each side.
- Top with your favourite toppings and serve with a LARGE side of veggies.