Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal and I get way too excited about throwing my feet on the floor and baking something healthy, warm and yummy for my family. Some days I have more time than others; this recipe is a great one when you are in a hurry as it can bake (and cause the house to smell soooo good) while you get ready to start your day.
3/4 to 1 cup Seed flour (I use ground sunflower, pumpkin and hemp seeds, but any sort of flour will do
5-6 large organic apples, preferably a sweet version
Small spoon of cinnamon
Raw honey to taste (optional)
Chopped almonds (optional)
Warmed coconut cream/milk (optional)
- Chop the apples into bite size pieces. Use a splash of water to make sure they are wet.
- Toss in the seed flour.
- Place in a baking pan and coat with cinnamon and chopped almonds.
- Bake at 180C for about 20-25 minutes, mixing once after about 15 minutes.
- Once pulled from the oven top with some warm coconut cream or milk and raw honey.
If you eat dairy this dish is really good with yogurt as well. Enjoy!
I wanted to whip up a healthy homemade toddler snack for my daughter today, but didn’t have a lot of time. I noticed we had very little in the fridge to work with but I never let that stop me. Just brings out the creative side of me a bit more.
Rummaging through the cabinets didn’t bring any inspiration but then the bananas caught my eye. What about an old time favourite? Yes, it is time for banana cream pie. YAY!
I only used three ingredients in this recipe. You can even get by with two. If you are feeling fancy you can make all kinds of fun toppings with your toddler.
Super easy, quick as a flash, tastes divine and, MOST IMPORTANT, toddler approved!
2 large bananas
1/4 cup coconut cream (or you can use the cream layer that sits at the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
dash of sea salt
topping: sliced banana, toasted coconut, drizzled chocolate, caramel sauce (2 dates pureed with a pinch of hot water)
- Whip together the banana and cream in a blender and place in a silicone or non-stick muffin container.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice.
- Place in freezer to set for 15 minutes or the fridge for about an hour.