These beauties taste like melomakarona, which are traditional Greek Christmas cookies. They are so darn delicious…. If you cannot locate halva, try rolling your cookies in crushed nuts or seeds. I prefer to use cashews as they are creamy.
1.5 cups GF oats
2 TBSPs oil (cold pressed olive or coconut oil are my favorites)
2 TBSP tahini
2 TBSP raw honey
Splash of vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon
Handful of orange chocolate (I used stevia sweetened)
Handful of halva (I used honey sweetened)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Roll into balls. If too dry add a bit more tahini.
- Melt chocolate over medium heat. Set aside.
- Crush halva into crumbles on a plate.
- Roll balls in chocolate.
- Roll balls in halva crumbles.
- Set in fridge for one hour.