I make these as a mini cupcake and sprinkle with fresh strawberries for added color and flavor. A great dairy-free way to make a delicious, creamy frosting. Try using different nut butters and flavor extracts to create your own version.
GF Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
½ cup coconut flour
½ TSP baking powder*
½ TSP baking soda*
½ TSP salt
2 TBSP coconut oil
4 organic free-range eggs
¼ cup honey, maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
¾ cup fruit-sweetened strawberry jam (or ripe strawberry puree)
1 TBSP vanilla
½ cup peanut butter
1 cup coconut cream
2-3 TBSP maple syrup or raw honey
½ TSP vanilla
Dash sea salt
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin and bake for 16-20 minutes.
- While baking prepare frosting and refrigerate.
- When muffins are ready, pull from oven and cool.
- Once cool, top with frosting.
*I tend to leave out baking powder and baking soda and the results are generally the same. Sometimes I add in a spoon of chia seeds in place of baking soda/powder.