The perfect breakfast to jumpstart your day! Packed with fiber, antioxidants and manganese, this yummy oatmeal dish supports blood sugar control and anti-aging benefits as well as bone production and skin integrity. Soaking the oats predigests its phytic acid that, if left untreated, has been shown to block mineral absorption.
4 cups water
1 cup gluten-free steel cut oats
Dash of salt
½ cup fresh or frozen berries
1/3 cup coconut cream
2-4 TBSP maple syrup
1 TSP vanilla extract
Dash of stevia (optional)
Nutmilk or raw milk
- Soak oats overnight in 2 cups water and a dash of salt.
- In the morning bring oats and 2 remaining cups water to a boil. Reduce to simmer.
- Add berries, coconut cream, maple syrup, stevia, and vanilla.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Scoop generous portion into a bowl; add milk and garnishes.
*In a hurry or just want to take a shortcut? Pop all the ingredients (except the garnishes) in a rice cooker before you go to bed and have your porridge waiting for you when you wake in the morning.